Friday 23 April 2010

April Shenanigans

April has whooshed by! The kids had a choc-and-fun filled Easter with their grandparents while my other half and me dallied in London for three nights. We were down in support of his brother who had a lead in Beyond the Horizon at the National, and had the added perk of staying with one of my best buddies from art college.

Beyond the Horizon has been getting 4* and 5* stars in the Guardian, Independent, Telegraph, etc so it is a very exciting time for my brother-in-law. It's been years since we've been to London, there's never enough time to do an eighth of what you hope to. The Southbank would be a great spot to take the kids... next time.

I just about survived the Easter holidays, but, really, I reckon they have far too many days off! May is rift with them, but it happens to be the school centenary so I'm on the look out for kids Victorian garb. And soon enough it'll be the summer hols - six weeks of entertainment required! Come August it'll only be a year until my youngest is at school, then he'll be old enough to pack off to summer camps with his sister. ;-) "They're only young once" and all that. I've been struggling to practise the cello recently (blame it on the sore joints-see below) but have decided to teach my daughter the piano. I've got a couple of challenges: 1. I can read the bass clef perfectly (well, almost) as cello music is primary written in that one, but treble clef - I aint got a clue! 2. We only have a keyboard with about a 4.5 octave range. Hmmm...

I'm on a six week break from my hormone therapy which has lightened my mood, but it'll take another couple of weeks to see if it has any effect. I must admit I was gutted as just when my energy levels seemed to be clawing back to normal I got hit with 24hr joint pain! I have been threatened with a bone scan but I'm hoping I might get signed off the Tamoxifen. Hubby says not to hold my breath, but I don't know, constant pain versus low risk of secondaries - it's a tough decision in this constant countdown to year five (two down). :-)

In happier news, I have seen some amazing new collections from a few of the VB designers, so must put together a taster for you soon. And JUST IN are some new scribble socks by the lovely Hilary Laing. Been making some great connections on Twitter - catch you over there?

Jeda x

No comments: